No products in the cart.
We are currently working on cataloguing and curating our ever growing collection of documents, official reports, photographs, films and artefacts. It will take us years to fully appreciate what we have inherited, but we hope to be able to offer three main methods of viewing items from the collection:
- Online in the form of digitised photographs, slides and scans. We have already started this process and examples of the material are available in our image and film archive
- In person by inviting researchers to visit our collection in search of information they need
- Publicly in the form of curated exhibitions
What material do we hold?
Representing British Defence science and technology we are in a fortunate position to have access to or be custodians of material from all of the precursor organisations to the modern Defence Science and Technology Laboratory. This material includes;
- Official publications, journals and newsletters
- Restricted scientific and technical reports
- Prototype and early production model equipment
- Scientific test equipment
- Negatives, photographs and films from scientific trials
- Defence related reference publications
How can I get access to this material?
Our material is based on the Fort Halstead site, still currently in use by MOD. As a result, public visits are not possible at this stage. We will, however, try to facilitate your enquiry, so please contact us with your requirements and someone will get back to you.