No products in the cart.
The following conditions apply to reproductions of digital media in the Fort Halstead Trust “FHT” archive and means that you can re-use images, film or sound recording for non-commercial purposes under the terms of this licence.
For conditions of membership please visit here.
Use of any digital media expressly made available under this licence indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions below.
The permission granted is not valid until any payment has been received.
Upon your purchase of the item, the Fort Halstead Trust grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use the Information for non-commercial purposes subject to the conditions below.
This licence does not affect your freedom under fair dealing or fair use or any other copyright or database right exceptions and limitations.
You are free to copy, publish, distribute and transmit the Information for Non-Commercial purposes download, embed or link to any Information for Non-Commercial purposes.
- acknowledge the source of the Information by including any attribution statements specified by FHT and any other third parties and where possible, provide a link to the source;
- ensure that you do not adapt, manipulate, alter, crop or amend the Information in any way that changes the original; without obtaining written permission
- ensure that you do not sell the Information or use it in a Commercial way by, for example, including it in your own product or application which is used in a Commercial way, or by using it for the purposes of advertising or promoting Commercial products;
- ensure that you do not use the Information in a way that suggests any official status;
- ensure that you do not use the Information in a way that trivialises, sensationalises, de-contextualises or demeans the subject matter;
- ensure that you do not use the Information in a way that suggests that FHT or any third party rights holder endorses you or your use of the Information;
- ensure that you do not mislead others or misrepresent the Information or its source;
- ensure that your use of the Information does not breach the requirements of current Data Protection Legislation.
These are important conditions of this licence and if you fail to comply with them the rights granted to you under this licence, or any similar licence granted by the Licensor, will end automatically.
- Personal use for non-commercial research and private study and other uses under the UK’s exceptions to copyright and those exceptions to copyright in place where the user is located.
- Use on websites that are primarily information-led, research-oriented and not behind a paywall.
- Use on personal social media accounts, provided the individuals are not promoting themselves commercially.
- Non-Commercial educational use for the purpose of teaching and instruction, including internal training.
- Downloading audio-visual for non-commercial offline listening or viewing.
- Free exhibitions held in venues, which do not charge an entry fee.
If you would like to use any items within the FHT collection in a way that is not covered above, you will require a commercial licence. Please contact a member of the Trust and we will consider your request. You must be prepared to provide the following information:
- Details of the items you wish to use commercially
- The name of the commercial organisation requesting permission
- Details on the use of the items (website, TV, printed publication, etc.)
- Distribution territories (worldwide, UK, local news publication, etc.)
- Forecast distribution volume
- Anticipated publication date
- Expected final cost of publication, or details of the paywall commercialising the items
This licence does not cover the use of:
- personal data in the Information;
- Information that has neither been published nor disclosed under information access legislation (including the Freedom of Information Acts for the UK and Scotland) by or with the consent of FHT;
- departmental or public sector organisation logos, crests, military insignia and the Royal Arms except where they form an integral part of a document or dataset;
- third party rights which FHT is not authorised to license;
- Information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks, and design rights.
All copies of the Information must carry an acknowledgement in the form stipulated overleaf, including for the avoidance of doubt individual images and/or screen displays and on-screen end credits for film or television programmes where images are screened.
The acknowledgement must be in the form:
The Information is licensed ‘as is’ and FHT excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the Information to the maximum extent permitted by law.
FHT is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information and shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use.