No products in the cart.
Friends of Fort Halstead
We are an association of people, both civilian and military, who work or have worked at Fort Halstead, together with our partners and a number of neighbours, who live close to the Fort.
Our objective is the promotion of social contact and friendship between persons who have, or have had, close association with the activities conducted at Fort Halstead.
We organise a number of events during the year:
- There is an informal lunch on the First Thursday of every month at the Three Horseshoes pub in Knockholt, close to the Fort, as a social get-together and at which news of members is exchanged and future visits are discussed.
- We try to arrange two or three visits each year, mostly by minibus or coach, to places of interest in the south east of England but occasionally further afield. In 2017 we had a 4 day bespoke tour to World War 1 battlefields in Northern France and Belgium, led by an expert guide.
- Every year we hold a Christmas lunch for members and guests on a Thursday in December, usually at a local golf club.
We welcome new members and, if you are interested, please, in the first instance, contact Dr Richard Shephard using the form below or on 01959 577500.
Alternatively you can just come along to one of our monthlyFirst Thursday lunches at the Three Horseshoes.
There is a one-off joining fee of £10, only payable when you have met us and are sure you want to join, and a £1 per head table charge at the First Thursday lunches. Funds are used for up-front cost of events and committee Officers’ expenses (postage etc.).
- Chairman: Mr David Packer
- Secretary: Mrs Pat Everett
- Treasurer: Dr Richard Shephard
- Social Secretary: Mrs Pat Lewis
The Friends of Fort Halstead is a successor to the Fort Halstead Association (FHA), which originally met in the Senior Officers Mess at the Fort. It was set up in June 2005, when facilities at the Fort were no longer available for our use.